Our aim is to offer the BEST LiTHIUM BATTERY for every customer in terms of; size, system and price / cycle life. We focus on batteries for Yacht & RV, where it is the most complex when it comes to charging, protection and safety.
Options of systems as service battery
We have carefully analyzed various batteries and systems in the European market. Just a few years ago, there were very few options that suited boats. These options are still there but are very expensive and also have limitations such as battery height, poor LVP protection and poor charge regulation.
In recent years, there have been alternatives of 12V batteries with built-in electronics that function as a protection (PCM *) but also limit max current. We sell this type and our model (black) has cells that are connected by screw joints instead of spot welded steel strips. This type works well in smaller installations that do not have high currents as inverters, bow thruster and others. (* Note that PCM is not a BMS but the term is often used incorrectly in the market. We recommend that PCM-batteries may be combined with external system).
We also offer other options at the best price – performance and without limitations. The best seller is Cell Pack, which we have delivered to many ocean sailors, as well as demanding boat owners in all waters. Full range offer consist of:
- Cell Pack consists of cells and each pack is balanced as one unit before assembly in 12, 24 or 48 V. We offer options such as terminal protection for best protection against short circuits and systems for safe regulation and maximum life.
- For D.I.Y. we also sell individual cells 3.3 V at wholesale price.
- For smaller installations, we sell 12 V batteries (blocks):
- Smart Lithium 12 V (recommendation of max 2 paralleled)
- Winston 12 V (can not be paralleled)
- Victron 12 V (can be paralleled)
Of the two market leaders, we recommend the global leader, Victron Energy, which has the largest product range and the most interesting products. We sell the full range of Victron (together with systems).
Ambition to be best on lithium batteries for Yachts
We design different systems and have developed a unique charge control, CR3 for Yacht and EV, which work with different types of chargers. We have also designed a new BMS that will be specially adapted for boats, but here development and tests are still ongoing. We offer smart battery systems with different combinations of batteries, as well as different voltages. We also have smart solutions and systems with backup, but also connection of combined charger/inverter in a dual system, with or without CAN control.
High demands for a safe system
For boats, there are extra high demands on the system for both safety and protection of the battery. All kind of protection and systems also involve a risk if the battery voltage suddenly cut off when the boat is in operation. Why we have focus on the system also being safe for boat and crew in event of blackout.
- Safety for Boat & Crew with Master Switch. In event of blackout, it is quick and easy to only turn master switch to get backup battery for navigation instruments and other safety equipment.
- Battery safety in event of Low Voltage Protection (LVP); which means close to zero current and battery can handle a very long period uncharged. All other systems in the market continue to consume a minor current (stand-by), which can destroy the battery.
Connecting with smart features provides safety for boat & crew and also safe protection from the battery’s premature failure. We also offer manual and support for our customers, so that the installation of the lithium system becomes safe and easy.
Founder and owner of MasterLi AB, which operates BEST LiTHIUM BATTERY.com is Mikael Garton who has extensive practical experience of battery systems. With his own boat, Duplexity, all BMS and systems have been tested in real and tough conditions.
Mikael is graduated as electrical engineer and holding a BSc in Business Administration & Economics.